Friday, December 11, 2009

Research Poster

I know this is a couple days late but on Monday my research poster was due.

I chose to do an upcoming technology called the self-sanitizing keyboard by Vioguard.

It was a really interesting idea that I came across while I was looking up different ideas on what technology I wanted use and research.

This is vioguards first product which bathes the keyboard with germicidal ultraviolet light (UV-C).
UV-C is a well known disinfectant capable of inactivating harmful microorganisms within seconds.

How it works
Vioguard's product has the look and feel of a standard notebook keyboard and requires no software or special hardware to function. The Vioguard keyboard is stored in a mechanized enclosure (which doubles as a monitor stand) when not in use. It safely floods the keyboard and track pad with germicidal ultraviolet light. When a user sits down at the workstation and activates the infrared motion sensor with the wave of a hand, the keyboard automatically extends into working position. When the user is finished, the keyboard automatically retracts back inside the enclosure and activates the germicidal ultraviolet lights. LED indicators are used to let the user know when the keyboard has been sanitized and is ready for use. The sanitization cycle can be interrupted anytime to ensure the keyboard is available as needed




I found the experience of presenting our posters as well as twittering....kind of weird. I've never really experienced something like that before but I didn't enjoy it much because I felt as though people didn't really care about our ideas as much as they cared about just getting their tweets in and leaving.

However, I did enjoy the overall process of researching an emerging technology because I loved seeing the different ideas that are coming out soon such as the self-sanitizing keyboard and tinted contacts. I wonder what the world will be like in 50 years from now..

No comments:

Post a Comment